- First prepare Tamil rasam powder by frying urad dal, chenna dal(kadalai paruppu), little curry leaves, dried red chillies, jeera, pepper. Grind a nice powder in the mixer.
- Soak tamarind and extract the juice, keep it aside. Take a vessel add a cup of water and boil then add the tomatoes.
- Mash the tomatoes; add tamarind juice, sugar, 3ooml of water and salt. Keep it aside.
- Adjust the salt and sour taste as per your taste by adding water. Crush the garlic into fine paste.
- Now take a pan add little oil, fry the mustard, curry leaves, garlic paste, and rasam powder (do not over fry),
- Now add the tomato mixer water and let to one boil (by forming foam)
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and Asafotida, close the lid for ten minutes.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Tamil nadu style Rasam Recipe Preparation
Tamil nadu style Tomato Rasam
Rasam tamilnadu style Preparation is very special in taste almost all state people like the taste of Tamil nadu style rasam recipe. The most commonly prepared and my favorite varieties are Tamil style tomato rasam and jeera pepper rasam. My mon prepare pepper rasam tamil style to get relief from cold and cough.
Ingredients needed for Tamil style tomato rasam
Ripped tomatoes 2
Tamarind - 4 pieces
Cumin seed Jeera – 1tsp
Pepper – 1tsp
Red chillies -2
Chenna dal – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Curry leaves – little
Garlic – 4 cloves
Coriander leaves - little
Asafotida – a pinch
Mustard – 1tsp
Sugar a pinch
Salt and oil as per taste
How to prepare Tamil style tomato Rasam