- Take the toor dal add 1tsp of castor oil (velakennai)
- Then add garlic, little curry leaves and boil it by adding 1/2lit of water.
- Chop the onion, tomato and vegetables. Keep it aside.
- Take a vessel, add little oil and put the sautéing ingredients one by one.
- Then add the onion, tomatoes and vegetables fry well.
- Now add the boiled and mashed toor dal, salt and Tamil style sambar powder.
- Mix together and finally add the tamarind juice, let it to boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Sambar Tamilnadu style is ready to taste.
- Note : You can prepare by compensating vegetables to onion, add more onion and tomatoes. This is called Tamil nadu style idli sambar.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Make Tamil Nadu Style Sambar Recipe Side dish for Idli and Rice
Tamil style sambar Recipe
Tamil Nadu Style Sambar Recipe Preparation is very easy and delicious. I usually make Mullangi sambar Tamil style for rice which is my favorite. It is the best side dish for rice and idli.
Tamil style sambar Ingredients
Toor dal – ½ cup
Any one or mixed vegetables – 1 cup
Sambar onion – ½ cup
Tomato – 1
Garlic 3 clove
Tamarind juice ½ cup
Coriander leaves - little
Salt and oil as per your taste
Mustard – 1tsp
Oil – little
Cumin seeds- 1tsp
Curry leaves – little
Asafetida – a pinch
How to make Tamil Style Sambar