- Take a pan, put the nicely cooked rice, then add the curd and milk together,
- Add salt and beat nicely, now add the Dry grapes, Cashew nuts, Pomegranate, Green grapes and Apple.
- Sauté the above given ingredients in 1tsp of oil and add with the curd rice mix,
- Mix with out mashing the fruits, very tasty Tamil curd rice recipe is ready to taste.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Tamil nadu curd rice recipe thayir sadam
Tamil nadu curd rice is one of the special and unique dish prepared in South parts of India. The best combinations for Tamil curd rice are all types of pickles and chutneys. Tamil nadu curd rice recipe prepared by using the thick cow or buffalo’s milk is very delicious. This is popularly called thayir sadam in Tamil.
Ingredients for Tamil nadu curd rice recipe
Cooked Raw rice – 1 cup
Salt – as per taste
Curd – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Dry grapes – 5
Cashew nuts – 5
Pomegranate – 2tsp
Green grapes – 2tsp
Apple (thin slices)– 2tsp
Mustard – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Cumin seed – 1tsp
Curry leaves and coriander leaves – little
Chopped green chillies – 2
Chopped Onion –half cup
oil – 1tsp
How to Prepare Tamil curd rice or thayir sadam recipe
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe
Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe is very simple and delicious dish. Appam Recipe is very popular in Tamil Chettinad samayal. The best side dishesfor Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe are Tomato chuteney and coconut milk.
Ingredients for Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe Preparation
Raw rice (Pacharici)- 2 cups
Urad Dal - 1/2 cup
Coconut - 1
Cooking soda - a pinch
Salt - required
Oil - as required
How to Prepare Tamil Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe
- Soak the rice and Urad dal for about 3 hours.
- Grind the rice and urad dal together,
- Then add the salt, coconut milk, and baking powder with the ground flour.
- Take a Tava and pour which is required for appam preparation,
- Now pour a small cup of flour in the Tava and spread thick in the middle and thin at the corners.
- When the appan floats in the oil turn it upside down to cook either side properly.
- The colour of the appam is not brown like ordinary dosa, it is whitish in colour.
- It goes well with tomato chutney for kharam and and sweet with coconut milk.