Thursday, July 24, 2014
Chettinad Mutton Kuzhambu in Tamil Nadu style
Chettinad mutton kuzhambu in Tamil nadu is very famous. This recipe is also called chettinad mutton curry in tamil. Here is the ingredients and preparation method of mutton kulambu.
chettinad mutton gravy Tamil Ingredients:
Mutton pieces – 1⁄2 kg (Small pieces)
Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Few curry leaves
Sliced tomatoes – 1 big
Salt – as per taste
Oil – as required.
chettinad mutton kuzhambu - Grind for masala:
Ginger – 1⁄2 inch piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Cloves – 2
Fennel seeds (saunff)- 1⁄4 tsp
Jeera – 1⁄4 tsp
Black pepper – 2-3
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1⁄4 tsp
Big onion – 4
Grind these all ingredients finely.
chettinad mutton gravy in Tamil style Preparation:
· Wash mutton pieces and apply ground masala and salt on mutton pieces and allow it to marinate for 45 minutes.
· Heat two tablespoon oil in pressure cooker and add marinated mutton pieces to cook it. Take 5-6 whistles to cook mutton tenderly.
· If you are not using pressure cooker then allow mutton to cook for nearly 1 hour. Heat some oil in fry pan and crackle mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and finely chopped onion.
· Fry till the onion turns golden brown. Add sliced tomatoes in pan and fry well. Now add cooked mutton and fry for few minutes.
· Add little quantity of water in curry. You can also use coconut milk instead of water. When you see the oil is separating from mutton, take out from heat and garnish with coriander leaves and fried slices of onion.
· Enjoy tasty Chettinad mutton with roti or dosa. You can also add 2-3 tsp of coconut in grinded masala for more taste.