Carrot - 100 gm
Beans - 100 gm
Peas - 100 gm
Potatoes - 100 gm
Big Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Cinnamon - 2
Clove - 2
Cumin seed - 1 / 2 tsp
Ginger - 1 inch Pieces
Garlic - 4 pal
Chilly - 2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Poppy seed - 1 / 2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - the quantity
Coriander leaves – a bunch
Curry leaves - a bunch
Green chillies – 2
Cashews - 5
- Kurma tamil samayal cooking is very delicious Here is the preparation method.
- Cut potatoes into small pieces by removing the outer skin.
- Chop carrot and beans into small pieces.
- Cut onions in lengthwise and chop the tomato into medium sized slices.
- Make a fine paste of ginger and garlic.
- Pour some oil and heat in a pressure pan. Sauté cinnamon, cloves, and curry leaves
- Then add green chillies and onion, fry until the onion becomes golden.
- Now add the ground ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw aroma goes off.
- Add all the vegetables including tomatoes add fry for few more minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilly, and coriander powder fry for a minute.
- Add salt and close the lid. Waite for a whistle, mean while keep grind Coconut and cashews.
- Now open the lid and add the ground coconut cashew paste, leave for couple of minutes to boil.
- Now garnish with coriander leaves. Tamil samayal chappathi kuruma is ready to taste.
- This is the best side dish for chappathi, Idli, dosai and roomali roti non.
- If you reduce the water consistency it will come like chapathi kurma curry.