Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Monday, December 26, 2011
Saiva Samayal Pudalangai Poriyal Tamil Recipe
Pudalangai Poriyal in Saiva Samayal
Saiva samayal Tamil language meaning is vegetarian cooking. saiva samayal in Tamil Nadu is very popular for its delicious taste. There are many varieties of dishes are prepared. Here I have stated the preparation method pudalangai poriyal. This vegetable is called snake gourd in English. The other types of food prepared by using pudalangai poriyal are pudalangai poriyal fry and pudalangai poriyal curry.
Ingredients required for pudalangai poriyal Recipe
Pudalangai - 1
Channa dal – 5tsp
Chopped onion - 1
Grated coconut – 1/4cup
Dried red Chilli – 3
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Curry leaves – as required
Oil – as required
Mustard – 2tsp
Salt – as required
Saiva samayal pudalangai poriyal Recipe Preparation
1 Clean the outer of the skin of Sanke gourd pudalangai and wash it properly.
2. Cut and remove the seeds and white fibers present inside the vegetable.
3. Cut pudalangai into small square shapes or semicircle shape. Chop onion finely.
4. Half boil the Sanke gourd pudalangai and Channa dal by adding little water and salt.
5. In a frying pan heat the oil, sauté the mustard seeds and add the curry leaves. Fry well
6. Then add the chopped onion into golden brown colour, add the red chillies .
7 Now add the half boiled pudalangai, add turmeric powder. Fry well for 2 minutes by sprinkling water.
8. If it is cooked well, finally add the grated coconut and mix well. Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.