- Usually children don’t like the taste of brinjal but if you give this brinjal gravy for roti and dosa side dish they like the taste very much.
- Take a pan and pour little oil, add the chopped brinjal and let it to fry in medium flame for five minutes.
- Remove when it becomes golden brown and keep it aside. Prepare tamarind juice by adding little water. Grind coconut and prepare paste like form.
- In the same pan add cinnamon, curry leaves, ani seeds, ginger garlic paste and onion.
- When the onion becomes golden brown add all masala powders and green chillies.
- Now add the tamarind juice and let it to boil for some time, after the raw smell goes add the fried brinjal and salt.
- Add the ground and coconut and required amount of water. Keep in low flame and let it to boil for five minutes.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious brinjal gravy recipe is ready to taste.
- You can prepare this type of masala brinjal gravy for biryani.
- Note: While preparing brinjal gravy curry for chapathi grind the coriander leaves and poppy seeds with coconut. This will give an excellent taste for you recipe.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Ennai Kathirikai Gravy Brinjal Gravy for Biriyani South Indian Style
Ennai Kathirikai or Gravy Brinjal Gravy
Ennai Kathirikai Gravy or Brinjal Gravy is commonly prepared in south India. This recipe is very special in Tamil nadu. Brinjal gravy recipe is the best side diah for chapathi, roti, biriyani and dosa. Here I have given the easy preparation method for kathirikai gravy recipe.
Ingredients for Brinjal Gravy Recipe South Indian
Brinjal (Kathirikai) – 1/4 kg
Chopped Onion - 1
Small tomato - 1
Green chillies - 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 4 tablespoon
Chilly powder – 1tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Tamarind - small lemon size
Grated Coconut - 2 table spoon
Sesame - 2 tsp
Peanut - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - a small piece
Ani seeds (sombu)- 1/4tsp
Coriander leaves, Curry leaves - little
Salt - as required
How to Prepare Ennai Kathirikai or Gravy Brinjal Gravy