Dry ginger- small Piece
Basil - 100 g
Pepper - a table spoon
Cumin – Half table spoon
Cardamom - 2 or 3
Jaggery - 100 gm
Ghee - 1 tsp
- Giving Pathiya sappadu after delivery is considered as very important to maintain the health of both and method.
- Sun dry the Pathiya Samayal after Delivery Prasava Legiyam ingredients for two days except Jaggery.
- After two days, dry grind the ingredients by using a mixer grinder.
- Filter the grounded powder two to three times to get the fine quality.
- Add half glass of water with the Jaggery and filter it to remove the solid wastes.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel and pour the Jaggery water. Keep in medoum flame.
- When it starts boiling, add the powdered Pathiya Samayal ingredients and stir continuously.
- Keep the flame in low and stir for another ten minutes.
- Now the consistency becomes semisolid then add the ghee and stir for another five minutes.
- Let the Pathiya Samayal Prasava Legiyam to cool and keep in an air tight container.
- Add a pinch of Legiyam with your pathiya curry (mixed vegetables)preparation to enhance the taste.
- Samayal Tips for Legiyam Preparation: The ingredients added are natural and having the excellent medicinal properties. Consuming small pellet can reduce the risk of all stomach problems. You can use this up to one year by keeping in the refrigerator. You can also add one tsp of this powder while preparing pathiya kulambu and pathiya rasam.