1 large onion or 1 cup of small
2-3tsp sambar powder
1 / 2tsp fenugreek varuttu potitta
Tamarind paste 2tsp
1 / 2tsp lentil
1 / 2sp Kadali Parupu
4 - 5 Red chillies( big)
Mustard as required
Turmeric powder as required
Curry leaves as required
Gingelly oil as required.
Aachi Samayal Chettinad Vatha Kuzhambu Recipe Preparation Method
Type: Vengaya vatha kuzhambu
- Take a thick bottomed vessel and add 1tsp of Gingelly oil.
- Put mustard, lentil, gram lentil, Kadali Parupu and Red chillies.
- Cut the onion into small slices and add with fried Ingredients.
- Then add the sliced tomato and fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining oil also.
- Now add the tamarind paste, turmeric powder, fried and powdered fenugreek seeds.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and add the sambar powder and salt.
- Leave it to boil for ten minutes and finally add the fried Curry leaves.
- Aachi Samayal Chettinad Recipe Vatha Kuzhambu is the best combination for rice with popped.
- Note: While removing the preparation Oil should be separated from the recipe. This is the right consistency.
- If you are adding onion, asafoetida is not needed. Vatha Kuzhambu has its unique taste in veg samayal.