- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat sesame oil in it. Add fenugreek seeds in oil and fry well. Add jeera and black pepper and allow it to splutter.
- Now add garlic cloves in oil and fry well. Add curry leaves and finely chopped onions in it. When the onions will become softer add chopped tomatoes and fry again for couple of minutes.
- When the tomatoes are pulpy add sambar powder and grated coconut oil. Remove the pan from heat. Now grind this masala in fine paste by using sufficient amount of water.
- Soak tamarind in water for ten minutes. Squeeze and get the tamarind juice. Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds and urad dal in it.
- Now add who full pods of garlic in it. Fry well for few minutes. Add curry leaves in pan for fantastic taste and aroma. Add onions and fry well.
- Now it is time to add tamarind juice and salt along with coriander powder. Now add ground masala and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and cook the gravy for half an hour. Stir the gravy after every 10-12 minutes. Add jaggery power and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Poondu kuzhambu is ready to taste. Serve hot with rice.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Poondu kuzhambu Tamil style / Poondu puli kulambu
Poondu kuzhambu tamil style the Garlic Kuzhambu or poondu puli kulambu very popular. It is another famous dish that goes well with hot rice. The recipe is bit spicy and loved by everyone in the south India especially in Tamil nadu.
Tamil nadu poondu kulambu masala ingredients:
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 methi seeds
½ tsp jeera
1 tbsp black pepper
5 garlic cloves
Few curry leaves
1 small chopped onion
1 tomato – chopped
1 tbsp sambar powder
3 tsp grated coconut.
Poondu kuzhambu recipe ingredients
Small ball of tamarind
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ tsp urad dal
Few mustard seeds
1 full pod of peeled garlic
1 small onion –finely chopped.
Handful of curry leaves
Salt - as per taste.
Hing a pinch
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp jaggery
How to prepare Poondu kuzhambu