- Soak tamarind in hot water for half an hour. Then add some more water and
- squeeze tamarind pulp and keep it aside.
- Remove garlic covering and keep aside. Chop small onions and your basic preparation is done.
- Take a thick bottom pan and add 5 tbsp of sesame oil in it. When the oil is hot add sudakkai in it and fry well.
- When the sundakkai will become brown, remove it from heat.
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds to tamper. Add fenugreek seeds and fry on medium flame.
- When the fenugreek seeds will turn brown, add jeera, chana dal, dry red chili, hing and curry leaves. Fry all the ingredients well.
- Now it is time to add onion and peeled garlic in the pan. Fry for few more minutes and add sambar powder or kulumbu podi in it.
- Mix all ingredients well. Add tamarind pulp in the pan and take a boil for few minutes.
- When the oil will start separating and the gravy will become little thicker, add ground coconut and sundakkai vathal in it.
- Boil the gravy for 5 minutes more on low flame. In the end add jaggery powder in the gravy and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Sundakkai vathal kuzhambu with coconut Tamil recipe
Sundakkai vathal kuzhambu recipe in tamil food is very famous and tasty side dish gravy with rice. This can be prepared with or without coconut. The sudakkai plant is loaded with high medicinal properties and used in many ayurvedic medicines. The consumption of this is beneficial for digestive system and can remove all types of stomach infections. Sundakkai health benefits are more. Here is the tasty recipe of sundakkai vathal kuzhambu
Ingredients needed for Sundakkai vathal kuzhambu
Fresh or dry Sundakkai – ½ cup
Tamarind 1 small ball
Small onions – 15 to 20
Garlic - 4-5
Sambar powder or kulambu milagai thool – 4 tbsp
Water – 5 cups
Coconut paste – 4tsp
Jaggery powder – 2 tsp (optional)
Salt – as required
Oil – 5 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds or jeera – 1 tsp
Chana dal – 1 ½ tsp
Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
Dry red chili – 3-4
10-12 curry leaves
Hing powder – ½ tsp
Sundakkai vathal kuzhambu Preparation: