- Soak raw rice in water for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove it from water and spread rice on thick cloth to dry it for nearly half an hour.
- When the rice is completely dry grind it in mixer and make a fine powder from it. grind it twice if needed.
- Now roast this rice flour in a dry heavy bottom pan until it changes colour into light brown. When the flour gets cooled, sprinkle some water on it to give it consistency.
- Tie the flour in a thin cotton cloth and steam it in a steamer or idli cooker for 15 minutes. Take out the rice flour from cooker and after cooling break the flour with the help of back portion of the ladle. Be careful that you do not leave lumps in flour.
- The broken flour should be soft and fine. It will be like fine rice rawa. Take a heavy bottom pan and add jaggery powder in it. Add and mix 1⁄2 cup of water to dissolve jaggery. Heat the mixture on medium flame and take a boil.
- Add cardamom powder in it. To check whether jaggery is ready, put few drops of jaggery in bowl of water. If jaggery can be turned into a solid ball, then your mixture is ready to take out from heat. Otherwise allow it to boil for few more minutes.
- Take a big vessel and add rice flour in it. Slowly add jaggery syrup in it and continuously mix it well with back portion of ladle.
- Fry cashew nuts in pure ghee and spread them over vella puttu to decorate it. Your tasty vella puttu is ready to serve and enjoy!
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Friday, September 5, 2014
Navratri puttu recipe Sweet vella puttu Samayal
Navratri puttu recipe
This is the preparation of navratri puttu recipe Sweet vella puttu Samayal. Navratri samayal is something special. There are many navratri recipes tamil nadu style in that navratri puttu recipe is always special. It is also called vella puttu
Sweet puttu or vella puttu is generally prepared for navaratri festival or any auspicious occasion. It is a traditional south Indian recipe prepared with rice flour and jaggery. Here is the traditional recipe to prepare tasty sweet puttu.
Ingredients needed for navratri puttu recipe:
Raw rice: 1⁄2 cup
Jaggery: 1⁄2 cup
Pure ghee: 1⁄2 tsp
Handful of cashew nuts
1⁄4 tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of turmeric powder or yellow food colour
Navratri Sweet vella puttu Preparation: