- Take out the outer layer of small onions and garlic and keep it ready. Immerse tamarind ball in hot water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, squeeze tamarind to get tamarind water. Take a pan and heat oil in it. Fry sundakka and Manathakkali vathal for a couple of minutes.
- Take heavy bottom pan and heat ½ cup sesame oil in it. Now add mustard seeds, chana dal, jeera, dry red chilies, fenugreek, asafetida powder and curry leaves in it. Fry well.
- Reduce the flame and add sambar powder in the pan. Fry it well along with other ingredients for 2-3 minutes; slowly it will change the color.
- Now it is time to add small onions and garlic in the pan. Fry them on low flame for nearly 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the small onions and garlic will get cooked, add tamarind water in a pan. Add curry leaves. Stir well. Now add salt as per your taste and again stir will.
- Allow the curry to boil properly for 6-8 minutes on medium flame. When you can see the oil on the surface of the curry, add fried sundakka vathal in curry along with a small piece of jiggery.
- Boil the curry for 5 minutes more. Remove it from flame and decorate with chopped coriander leave. Serve hot with rice. Many people prefer it with curd rice.
- If you wish to have tangier taste, then add little more tamarind in the curry. This curry can be eaten for 2-3 days.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Monday, May 11, 2015
Tamil samayal vatha kuzhambu tamil Brahmin preparation
This is tamil samayal vatha kuzhambu tamil Brahmin preparation. There are vatieties of tamil brahmin samayal recipes but Vatha Kuzhambu is famous traditional recipe loved by old and new generation people. Here is the recipe to make tasty vatha kuzhambu easily. It takes only half an hour to cook this tasty curry. Vatha Kuzhambu recipe is unique in Tamil nadu brahmin samayal.
Saravana bhavan vatha kuzhambu recipe is popularly called tamil kara kulambu recipe.
Tamil vatha kulambu ingredients needed
Sundakka and Manathakkali Vathal - ½ cup
Tamarind: small ball
Small onions (shallots): 2 cups (around 25-30 numbers)
Garlic: ½ cup (around 20 numbers)
Sambar powder: 5 tsp
Jiggery: very little quantity
Sesame oil: ½ cup
Mustard: 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: ½ tsp
Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
Chana dal: 2 tsp
Dry red chilies: 2-3
Curry leaves: 10-12
Asafetida powder: ½ tsp
How to prepare brahmin vatha kulambu in tamil style