- Soak the rice and Urad dal for about 3 hours.
- Grind the rice and urad dal together,
- Then add the salt, coconut milk, and baking powder with the ground flour.
- Take a Tava and pour which is required for appam preparation,
- Now pour a small cup of flour in the Tava and spread thick in the middle and thin at the corners.
- When the appan floats in the oil turn it upside down to cook either side properly.
- The colour of the appam is not brown like ordinary dosa, it is whitish in colour.
- It goes well with tomato chutney for kharam and and sweet with coconut milk.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe Tamil Style
Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe
Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe is very simple and delicious dish. Appam Recipe is very popular in Tamil Chettinad samayal. The best side dishesfor Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe are Tomato chuteney and coconut milk.
Ingredients for Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe Preparation
Raw rice (Pacharici)- 2 cups
Urad Dal - 1/2 cup
Coconut - 1
Cooking soda - a pinch
Salt - required
Oil - as required
How to Prepare Tamil Saravana Bhavan Appam Recipe