Preparations before you start:
How to make pal kolukattai?
- Take a thick bottom pan and add thin coconut milk in it. Take a boil to it. Keep it on low or medium flame and add half of the tiny rice balls in the coconut milk. Don’t mix it for few minutes and then slowly stir it using a ladle. After a boil add the remaining balls and boil the milk for 8 to 10 minutes. Occasionally stir it carefully.
- When the rice balls are completely cooked, add sugar and salt in the coconut milk and mix it well. Take a boil for few more minutes till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now you need to boil it to get some thickness to the milk. It will take around 10 minutes. To avoid burning, you need to stir it occasionally.
- At last pour thick coconut milk in it and mix it properly. Take out your paal kozhukattai from the flame and serve it.
- You can add cardamom powder for extra flavor and aroma. You can also use jaggery instead of sugar if you like the taste of jaggery. Some people also add almond slices on paal kozhukattai to decorate it.