- Take out the thick extract of tamarind by soaking it in warm water. Heat oil in fry pan and crackle mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds in it. Now add crushed garlic, onion and tomatoes in oil. Add grounded coconut now.
- Fry for some time until the oil separates from other ingredients, then add red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, salt and again fry for some time.
- Add tamarind juice and required quantity of water. Don’t make the curry too much watery. Boil the curry for 5 minutes. Add cleaned fish pieces and again
- take a boil to the curry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir seldom the curry to avoid burning in the bottom. Once the fish is tenderly cooked take out curry from heat and decorate with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Allow curry to set for few minutes before serving it. You can enjoy chettinad fish curry with hot rice and even with idli or dosa.
- This fish curry is tastier when eaten next day as all spices and tanginess marinates well in fish. It is best to use fish head to make curry.
- For your reference many chettinad fish curry recipe in tamil video is available in your tube.
Saravana bhavan breakfast recipes are so delicious; I love saravana bhavan vegetable dosa recipe and saravana bhavan onion rava dosa recip...
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Chettinad meen kulambu in Tamil Style / Chettinad Fish Kulambu
Chettinad meen kulambu Recipe
This is Chettinad meen kulambu in Tamil Style popularly called special Chettinad Fish Kulambu. Chettinad fish curry is prepared in mud pot or mud vessel. Chettinad fish curry in Tamil nadu is one of the delicious and special recipe.
The best two mouth watering non veg recipes in karaikudi and chettinad are fish fry recipe in Tamil preparation.
Chettinad meen kulambu Ingredients
Fish – 1 kg (seer fish/ king fish or widely known as Vanjaram Fish)
Small onion – 200 gms (finely chopped)
Garlic – 200 gms
Tomato – 500 gms (finely chopped)
Tamarind – 50 gms
Red Chilli powder – 5 tsp
Coriander powder – 4 tsp
Milagu powder – 1/2tsp
Gingeli oil – 4 table spoon
Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1⁄2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Grind (1⁄2 cup coconut and Fennel seeds – 1 1⁄2 tsp)
Curry leaves and coriander leaves to decorate
How to make Chettinad meen kulambu in Tamil Style
First clean fish and keep aside after applying little salt and pepper powder. Finely chop onion and tomatoes. Slightly crush garlic pods for better taste and aroma.